Check out these New Zealand solo artists. Promote your music in New Zealand by submitting your solo artist listing on themusic.co.nz.
- A poet and songwriter since the 1970s. Solo plays a neo-folk solo set. Collaborates with accomplished musicians, exploring formats and styles, in different places. (Photo at right by Jonathan Ganley).
- Singer songwriter, acoustic vocalist, with a variety of styles avail, to perform live or licence, commision music. Her music gives ambience, with vibrant vocals and melodic tunes; classed as rock, jazzy ballads! A full range of music styles, tempo, genres, decades etc plus originals, tailored to suit the style.
- Grant is a singer-songwriter based in NZ. Previously he fronted Indie Pop rock combo Pavement Candy in Tokyo, Japan as well as Auckland-based The Audio Justice who were finalists in the 2013 NZ Battle of the Bands. Grant has released a number of studio albums and performed live in a number of venues in NZ and Japan.
- Henika is an Auckland based solo alternative indie multi-instrumentalist and singer-songwriter.
- Hailing from the beach haven of Golden Bay, singer/songwriter Laura-Mae stays true to her relaxed and upbeat vibe. This NZ musician began guitar and singing lessons at age 12, as well as strengthening her performance style through acting classes and nation-wide Country Music awards. She was a finalist in Smokefree Rockquest competing against Anna Robinson and Livvy Nott. Fresh out of high school, Laura-mae took a 5-year break from her musical career to study Marketing and Management at Victoria University of Wellington. When given the opportunity to be lead vocalist for a local covers band, Laura-Mae jumped right back into her singing and took advantage of NZ’s most creative city. This indie-pop songwriter has performed original songs on National TV (Maori TV), sung at Wellington’s annual festival Gardens Magic plus, competed up to bootcamp round in xFactor NZ in the top 23 NZ female singer category alongside Mae Valley and Paige. Her most recent 2019/2020 summer tour from the top-of-the-south and across the North Island, helped strengthen fan loyalty and reach the 1k follower mark on Facebook. Laura-Mae draws lyrical inspiration from John Lennon and Stevie Nicks whilst structuring the rhythmic guitar pattern to that of Ziggy Alberts or Mumford and Sons. This rising singer has proven herself 2020’s upcoming NZ musician to watch, with new single releases scheduled throughout the year. Following the success of her national tour, this rising kiwi singer is releasing her debut single ‘Betsy’, available May 13th on all digital platforms. She has confirmed the single will be one of three releases this year, with another summer tour on the horizon.
- New Zealand singer and songwriter.
- Singer/Songwriter/Performer/Producer for over forty years
- Coral sings with an emotional resonance that combined with her catchy melodic songs, her intriguing poetic lyrics and her powerful Soulfully expressive vocals captures her audience wherever she performs.
- Stefanie Steven is a german born "Travelling Philosopher", Sports Coach and a New Zealand Singer/Songwriter. She has performed all over the world for the last 25 years and decided in January 2017 to finally write and record her own songs while travelling through New Zealand.Her first album "Rolling Home" was released Nov 8, 2017 and "Ahipara Time 2018" is the result of writing, recording and producing another album in the smallest studio with very little equipment.
- Zonj3 is musician and composer based United Kingdom He's previously known as Adam idris. Zonj3 start pursuing music only just recently in 2016 as he never really thought about making music in the past untill he spontaneously recorded a first track [that's my baby]a year ago then he know that he's destined to making music. Adam idris main genre R&B Blues, pop,dance, it is basically a bit of both. as he said give me any instrumental I'll make a good of it
- Music is the only organised sound that gets me lost and also found. I also find music the only way to express how i feel and what thy eye see.
- With the release of her recent album -In Sings the Tide,Anika Moa is back fresh with new sounds, new lyrics and a new band . Check out her website for more details.
- 19 year old singer and songwriter Annabel Fay continues t turn heads in the music industry with her soulful tones and touching lyrics. Annabel brings the unique sounds of pop to Kiwi music. Look out for her debut album in ealry 2007.
- Stepping out as a solo artist at the age of nineteen with songs that she had written at seventeen ,Brooke Fraser has come a long way with her music. Currently promoting her sophmore album Albertine, Brooke has fused her songwirting abilities in creating a storybook of her experiences in this album.check out her official site or her myspace/brookefraser
- GEARLOOSE is the brainchild and solo musical project of Steven King. Steve gained his interest in music at an early age with lessons in piano and long car journeys set to old cassette tapes of the Greats such as Queen, Elton John, Annie Lennox, The Beatles and Dr Hook which instilled forever in him a pop-rock mentality.
- Winner of the 2007 New Zealand Music Awards for Best Female Artist, Breakthrough Artist and Best Aoteroa -Roots Album for her debut album 'Long Player'.Hollie Smith with her rich tones is sure to become a Kiwi star.
- Former Frontman of Betchadupa and son of NZ Icon Neil Finn (Split Enz and Crowded House fame. Liam Finn has released his solo album 'Ill be Lightning'. He was noted as one of the Top ten up and coming artists to watch in 2008 on legendary Music Magazine 'Rolling Stone' check out his official site:
- Now based in Auckland after many years on the acoustic scene in London and has toured in Europe and had his material used by BBC Drama and recorded for release by various recording artists. Recent releases are ;Country Tree a 12 track album, and Balaclava.
Classical Dance / Electronic Hip Hop and RnB Instrumental Other / Misc Punk Reggae / Dub Rock Bands Singer Songwriters